Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Opto-electronic simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working on opto-electronic modulator project, where I need to simulate the effect of excess carrier concentration on the propagation of light (both loss and propagation properties). Most of the time electronic and optical simulations are done separately. I want to combine both the effects in a single simulation. I am new to comsol, so I would like to know if this is possible to do the simulation in comsol.
My little understanding about comsol says, I should combine multiphysics (convection and diffusion, electrostatic) and rf.
I would appriciate any comment or suggestion from you.
I have added a design of the structure herewith.

0 Replies Last Post 2010年2月17日 GMT-5 10:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kapil Debnath

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.