Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

data export in v4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello together,

due to a reconfiguration of my computer, I had to reinstall Comsol, which only is now available for me as v4.3. The calculations I did already are done in v3.5a. I am able to open the files with the new version, but I am not able to export the results.

Is it possible at all, to export my old data in the new version?

Karsten

1 Reply Last Post 2012年11月9日 GMT-5 14:21
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月9日 GMT-5 14:21
Hi
probably not, you must then rerun/solve it again
But you can visualise many things, if you look carefully you will have a 3.5 tagged mesh and solver study "data set" but if you rerun you will get a new Data set, and a 2nd mesh node

Anyhow my experience is that it's nice to open old 3.5 files, but I always remake the fresh in v4, at best I can copy some of the formulas from the old version, or save and reload hte geometry. But for the rest so many things have changes, variables names, logic ... that s far "my way" is to redo them. It helps you learn the "new" way, and I notice I can often improve the model structure

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably not, you must then rerun/solve it again But you can visualise many things, if you look carefully you will have a 3.5 tagged mesh and solver study "data set" but if you rerun you will get a new Data set, and a 2nd mesh node Anyhow my experience is that it's nice to open old 3.5 files, but I always remake the fresh in v4, at best I can copy some of the formulas from the old version, or save and reload hte geometry. But for the rest so many things have changes, variables names, logic ... that s far "my way" is to redo them. It helps you learn the "new" way, and I notice I can often improve the model structure -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.