Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Undefined material property 'Cp' required by mineral oil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

My colleague and I are having some problem running an immersion cooling simulation. I defined a new material to define material property based off a documentation of novec 7500. However once I run the simulation it gives the above error. The attached is the file.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 2023年9月25日 GMT-4 14:18
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 months ago 2023年9月25日 GMT-4 14:12
Updated: 7 months ago 2023年9月27日 GMT-4 13:34

Hello Brian,

In the Settings window corresponding to the "Material 1" node of the Model Builder, you can see 3 stop sign icons located next to the three properties you tried to define. This is to signal that data is missing. Add "Cp(T)", "rho(T)" and "mu(T)" in the "Value" column of that table and you will have told the software to use those functions with those arguments for those properties.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Brian, In the Settings window corresponding to the "Material 1" node of the Model Builder, you can see 3 stop sign icons located next to the three properties you tried to define. This is to signal that data is missing. Add "Cp(T)", "rho(T)" and "mu(T)" in the "Value" column of that table and you will have told the software to use those functions with those arguments for those properties. Best, Jeff

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 months ago 2023年9月25日 GMT-4 14:18
Updated: 7 months ago 2023年9月25日 GMT-4 14:38

Cp is the customary variable name for heat capacity. See also a screenshot, from your file, which I have attached. FYI, it looks like you may have forgotten to define the density and dynamic viscosity too. Added: Looks like Jeff Hiller answered first. :-)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Cp is the customary variable name for heat capacity. See also a screenshot, from your file, which I have attached. FYI, it looks like you may have forgotten to define the density and dynamic viscosity too. Added: Looks like Jeff Hiller answered first. :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.