multiple rigid bodies with independent properties in the "rigid domain/material" node

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!

Using Structural Mechanics Interface, I am wondering if there is an option for specifying the independence of multiple rigid bodies within the "rigid domain/material" node? I found that if you selected all the objects in one node, they will behave simultaneously with the same responses.

For less number of objects, I can create the same number of rigid domain/material nodes to ensure their independent responses. But for a huge quantity of rigid bodies, such as 100, manually setting up is not feasible...

Is there an option in rigid domain/material node to set up the independence of multiple objects , or a way to speed up the manual configuration process more efficiently? Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 2024年1月25日 GMT-5 10:31
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 months ago 2024年1月25日 GMT-5 07:48

In the Mulitibody Dynamics interface, which is more geared towards analysing sets of rigid bodies, there is an option for automatic creation of Rigid Material nodes.

If you are going to use Solid Mechanics, you will have to write a Model Method (or use the Java or Matlab API) to complete this task. This is not trivial if the individual bodies consist of more than one domain, though.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
In the Mulitibody Dynamics interface, which is more geared towards analysing sets of rigid bodies, there is an option for automatic creation of Rigid Material nodes. If you are going to use Solid Mechanics, you will have to write a Model Method (or use the Java or Matlab API) to complete this task. This is not trivial if the individual bodies consist of more than one domain, though.

Posted: 3 months ago 2024年1月25日 GMT-5 10:31

Mulitibody Dynamics interface

Thank you, Henrik. I found the option that you mentioned in Multibody Dynamics Interface, which really facilitates the modeling process related to lots of rigid bodies.

> Mulitibody Dynamics interface Thank you, Henrik. I found the option that you mentioned in Multibody Dynamics Interface, which really facilitates the modeling process related to lots of rigid bodies.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.