Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unsteady Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am solving a unsteady state problem, in which i need to solve two unsteady equations. The solution of first unsteady state equation, which depends on time, is used in solving the second unsteady state equation. I solved first unsteady state equation separately, it is converging. But I tried to solve the second unsteady state equation by keeping these two unsteady state equation under single study step.(Study->Step:Time dependent). The equations are diverging. Can these two unsteady equations solved under different study steps in the same study sequence i.e.,(Study-> Step1:Time dependent, Step2: Time dependent). Because this means that the comsol remembers the time variation of the first steady state eqaution, then only the second steady state equation can be solved separately without simultaneously solving them. I actually doubt whether comsol remembers the time variation also? Please someone help me regarding this.
Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 2012年12月17日 GMT-5 13:41
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vaseem

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.