Undefined Value Found In Discontinuous Galerkin Formulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I got the error below:

Error: Undefined value found in discontinuous Galerkin formulation. -Geometry:geom1 Domain:7 -Expression:comp1.elte.Gamma31

My model was modified based on the case "Angle Beam Nondestructive Testing''. I changed its frequency to 3.5 kHz and enlarged all the geometrical parameters by a factor of 428 according to the ratio of the original frequency to the changed frequency in order to meet the dimensional requirements of the transducer and the matching layer. The case is otherwise unchanged.

Could someone tell me what the possible reason causing this error? Or how can I access the expression mentioned in the error?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年3月29日 GMT-4 09:45
Mark Cops COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024年3月29日 GMT-4 09:45
Updated: 4 weeks ago 2024年3月29日 GMT-4 09:45

Hi 淮 乐,

The error usually means the solution is diverging due to some numerical instability. It can help to plot the dependent variables and search if the solution is blowing up anywhere.

Is there any physical significance to increasing the geometry scale by this much? Now the transducer would seem to be huge.

Has the mesh size been updated to resolve the waves at the modified frequency? Have the pair conditions and mulitphysics couplings changed? Without seeing a .mph file, it is difficult to say more.

-Mark

Hi 淮 乐, The error usually means the solution is diverging due to some numerical instability. It can help to plot the dependent variables and search if the solution is blowing up anywhere. Is there any physical significance to increasing the geometry scale by this much? Now the transducer would seem to be huge. Has the mesh size been updated to resolve the waves at the modified frequency? Have the pair conditions and mulitphysics couplings changed? Without seeing a .mph file, it is difficult to say more. -Mark

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.