The values of K remain the same even for different Parameter values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All, I am new in COMSOL Multiphysics tool.

I created a 3D model in COMSOL and scaled it down from mm to µm through the scaling option in comsol multiphysics tool.

image_6.png,image_7.png shows the values set initially and the adjacent screenshot shows the scaled value with units in µm ** screenshot attached **

Image_5.png We defined the formula of K and used a scale factor .001 or 1/1000 *(F/aveop1(u)) ** screenshot attached **

Image_4.png As it can be seen in the underlying results , the value of K is same even for different combination of parameter lengths l3 and l4.

1 is fixed hinge point and 2 is the point of the force application (both are marked in green color in the below screenshot)

Therefore, we want to understand why we are getting same values of** K(-1.5 * 10^-6)** even when the parameter lengths are varied?This is strange, is there some settings i need to select or i am missing something , please suggest.

The highlighted result is shown in the below screenshot in the bottom right(marked in red circle). ** screenshot attached **

How can we fix this error and get different values when we change the parameters , please advice? The value of K should vary with change in l3,l4 (image_4.png) . I have added all the screenshots for your reference in the attachment section.

regards Amit

1 Reply Last Post 2024年5月28日 GMT-4 14:21
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024年5月28日 GMT-4 14:21
Updated: 4 weeks ago 2024年5月30日 GMT-4 11:57

Hello Amit,

A possibility is that there is nothing wrong with your model set-up and that k is in fact not very sensitive to changes in l3 and l4 that keep l3/l4 more or less constant. But I understand that that is not what you are expecting. I don't think it's possible to give you a satisfactory answer without playing with your mph file (For instance, you didn't show how you defined aveop1). You may want to upload it, with the mesh and solution cleared.

Best,

Jeff

PS: Have you checked that the dimensions l3 and l4 are indeed updated when they are supposed to in the plots?

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Amit, A possibility is that there is nothing wrong with your model set-up and that k is in fact not very sensitive to changes in l3 and l4 that keep l3/l4 more or less constant. But I understand that that is not what you are expecting. I don't think it's possible to give you a satisfactory answer without playing with your mph file (For instance, you didn't show how you defined aveop1). You may want to upload it, with the mesh and solution cleared. Best, Jeff PS: Have you checked that the dimensions l3 and l4 are indeed updated when they are supposed to in the plots?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.