Coil Feature Magnetic Field Interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there, I'm trying to model a coil. I'm currently using the 5.5 version (build 359) and when I head over to right click on the magnetic field section, I don't see any coil features even though I believe they are supposed to be there. I was wondering what might be the problem. Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 2024年5月29日 GMT-4 14:24
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024年5月29日 GMT-4 13:25

Rachel,

could it be that you don't have the AC/DC application module? In this case only a few mf related items are available in the COMSOL main module.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Rachel, could it be that you don't have the AC/DC application module? In this case only a few mf related items are available in the COMSOL main module. Cheers Edgar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024年5月29日 GMT-4 14:24

Hello Rachel,

I think Edgar is right. To check whether the license you are using includes the AC/DC Module, go to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Note that even without the AC/DC Module you will have an "AC/DC" folder in the Model Wizard; it is not an indication of whether the license includes the AC/DC Module (I know, it's confusing).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rachel, I think Edgar is right. To check whether the license you are using includes the AC/DC Module, go to File > Licensed and Used Products. Note that even without the AC/DC Module you will have an "AC/DC" folder in the Model Wizard; it is not an indication of whether the license includes the AC/DC Module (I know, it's confusing). Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.