Two PDEs that need to solved alternatively

Anish Kumar Kodyingal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to solve the Poisson-Nernst-Planck (PNP) equation:

This is not the real set of equations I am solving. This is where I am starting. The idea is that the solver for eqn 1 must step through time and at each step solver for eqn 2 will take input from the time step of eqn 1 and solve for phi. Thus, the overall solver for conc must step through time from 0 to 1s but at each point the Poisson eqn 2 must be solved to get the potential.

How do i achieve this? I have attached the file to give an idea of the equations and methods I am using. The concentration updates correctly at each time step however the eqn 2 does not evolve over time. Can someone help me with this? any help will be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies Last Post 2024年6月12日 GMT-4 16:04
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 weeks ago 2024年6月6日 GMT-4 10:42
Updated: 3 weeks ago 2024年6月6日 GMT-4 10:43

Solve both equations in a single, time-dependent, solution step. See the attached file.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Solve both equations in a single, time-dependent, solution step. See the attached file. Jeff

Anish Kumar Kodyingal

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年6月12日 GMT-4 16:04

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your swift response and help! You are an absolute life saver it works now. Appreciate your help :)

Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for your swift response and help! You are an absolute life saver it works now. Appreciate your help :)

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.