Magnet - Magnetic and Electric Fields

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hello,

I am trying to create a stationary magnet within the Magnetic and Electric Fields setting. I have tried using Ampere's Law and Current Conservation for each pole of the magnet, but keep getting a singular matrix error.

I have seen lots of examples of how to create magnets in the (MF) setting, but I can't figure out how to create it in (MEF).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Tesla

1 Reply Last Post 2024年6月14日 GMT-4 16:08
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 week ago 2024年6月14日 GMT-4 16:08
Updated: 1 week ago 2024年6月14日 GMT-4 16:12

I've attached an example, using the MEF formulation per your request. I don't claim that this is a great model per se, but it doesn't give any computational errors! So take a look at it. FYI, I chose the source of the magnet's field to be a bulk magnetization (rather than try to specify poles). By the way, if you have air or empty space in your problem, be sure to assign it a small but non-zero electrical conductivity!

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I've attached an example, *using the MEF formulation* per your request. I don't claim that this is a great model per se, but it doesn't give any computational errors! So take a look at it. FYI, I chose the source of the magnet's field to be a bulk magnetization (rather than try to specify poles). By the way, if you have air or empty space in your problem, be sure to assign it a small but *non-zero* electrical conductivity!

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.