Importing dxf file using Java

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I'm attempting to use Java code (in Python) to import a DXF file into COMSOL. Everything is working well until I try to utilise a feature from the COMSOL programming manual. It can be found on page 325 (PDF page version 6.2) under the title "Import DXF".

I have successfully created my import within the geometry, and upon saving my model and checking it in COMSOL, everything appears correctly. However, I want to adjust my Import Options in COMSOL from "Solid" to "Do not knit". According to the manual, this option is referred to as "convert", which can be set to "solid", "curve", or "off". When I attempt this, I receive an error indicating that this property does not exist.

com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Exception: com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Unknown property Messages: Unknown property. - Property: convert

I suspect this issue is related to the Java code, as I have successfully used other features from the manual such as "repairgeom" and "selresult", which are functioning correctly.

Could you please review this and assist me?

Kind regards, Mohammad

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.