COMSOL slows down when doing parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have recently installed COMSOL (5.6) on a new computer (Windows 10 Pro, Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5955WX 16-Cores 4.00 GHz, RAM 512 GB).

I want to simulate the attached file for different parameters "rho_sweep".

If I simulate for individual values, e.g. "rho_sweep = 1E6" or "rho_sweep = 1E7", the simulation runs fine, and quickly (2 mins).

If I do short parametric sweep (e.g. 3 values) of "rho_sweep", the simulation still runs fine (4 mins).

However, If I run a longer parametric sweep (e.g. sweep rho_sweep in range(1E6, 1E6, 1E7), COMSOL slows down substantially after 4-5 iterations, and almost freezes.

I don't understand why this is as the individual simulations run quickly and correctly.

Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2024年7月1日 GMT-4 11:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Leo Juff

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.