Plotting the frequency vs displacement response for a mesh or node

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear forum,

I am trying to simulate the frequecy responce of a piezoelectric device. It seems I was able to successfully set the piezoelectric properties, electrostatic conditions, and run the frequency domain study. Now I am trying to plot its frequency responce at certain positions using 1D plot (for example with respect to the center of one side of the piezo device), but I realized that I can only select the 'points' of the model. Is there any way I can slect a certain mesh or perhaps its node and plot its frequency response?

Thanks, new COMSOL user

2 Replies Last Post 2024年7月21日 GMT-4 04:41
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 days ago 2024年7月20日 GMT-4 11:41

There are two easy ways to do this

1 Add points to the geometry at the location(s) of interest

2 Define a 2D or 3D cut point under Datasets. Then under Derived Values add a Point Evaluation sub-node.

There are other more automated ways to accomplish the same thing (probes, for example).

There are two easy ways to do this 1 Add points to the geometry at the location(s) of interest 2 Define a 2D or 3D cut point under Datasets. Then under Derived Values add a Point Evaluation sub-node. There are other more automated ways to accomplish the same thing (probes, for example).

Posted: 1 day ago 2024年7月21日 GMT-4 04:41

Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply, it was easy as you said! Appreciate your help.

Dave, Thanks for your quick reply, it was easy as you said! Appreciate your help.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.