Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Graphic and postprocessing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I have some questions related to the postprocessing.
My model has a large degrees of freedom that I should solve it on the server, then
I move the result to my computer. For the post processing,
one way to reduce the image quality is using rough plot, but it didn't help me,
and it shows 'out of memory' message. I want to know if anyone knows other ways to visualize easily huge data.

My other question is about how we can change the colobar. In Matlab, we can access colorbar edit menu and it is easy to play with limits to find the interesting one. In Comsol without using Matlab, how can I have extra colorbars? I know one way that it needs to create a textfile by hand but it takes much time and it is not possible to play with the colobar limits to find the best.

If anyone knows the solution?

Thanks,
Kamal

1 Reply Last Post 2009年8月4日 GMT-4 05:02
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年8月4日 GMT-4 05:02
Hi

Most probably its not the graphical processing that is giving you trouble, but just the fact that your calculations (hence FEM matrices) are so large that they do not fit into you RAM, you will have to postprocess on your server. Postprocessing requires quite some data treatmet on the large matrices so it could be as demanding as the solving itself on RAM.

This RAM requirement is not directly driven by the graphical resolution for the final printed figure

Hope it helps you
Ivar
Hi Most probably its not the graphical processing that is giving you trouble, but just the fact that your calculations (hence FEM matrices) are so large that they do not fit into you RAM, you will have to postprocess on your server. Postprocessing requires quite some data treatmet on the large matrices so it could be as demanding as the solving itself on RAM. This RAM requirement is not directly driven by the graphical resolution for the final printed figure Hope it helps you Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.