Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Preferred stabilization method for oscillating cylinder in the flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a cylinder in the flow using ALE method, coupled with mass transfer. It is very slow and usually I have a higher than inlet concentration in the flow domain, probably due to not enough mesh. I want to use a stabilization technique, but my concern is the moving boundaries. The artificial diffusion should not alter the flux into the cylinder boundary.

Any recommendation?

Many thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 2010年3月12日 GMT+8 02:10

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年3月12日 GMT+8 02:10
The reference is one the page 486 of comsol modeling (Artificial Diffusion Types). However I am in need of practical experience of yours regarding this problem type.

many thanks
The reference is one the page 486 of comsol modeling (Artificial Diffusion Types). However I am in need of practical experience of yours regarding this problem type. many thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.