Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

OS X Mavericks 10.9

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has anyone tested if Comsol 4.2 or 4.3 will work with Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9?

3 Replies Last Post 2014年4月30日 GMT-4 09:53

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月28日 GMT-4 10:22
Hello,

Yep, no problem with version 4.3.0.233.

At first it didn't work though. The COMSOL symbol just jumped once and then nothing happened. But I had missed the pop-up window that requested Java 6 to be installed. After this, no problem.

Good luck,
Ludvig
Hello, Yep, no problem with version 4.3.0.233. At first it didn't work though. The COMSOL symbol just jumped once and then nothing happened. But I had missed the pop-up window that requested Java 6 to be installed. After this, no problem. Good luck, Ludvig

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月30日 GMT-4 05:53
Ok, some corrections.

Sometimes it doesn't work to open files. The first time after having started COMSOL it always works though. So in the worst case you need to restart it. And when you open up files it doesn't remember your last position (although the "Recent folder" is useful).

The "Browse" buttons doesn't work (so far I've tried the ones in "Export" and "Image Snapshot". But you can always directly write the place and folder name after "Filename:".

Overall, it feels faster, like Mavericks in general.

Good luck!
Ludvig

Ok, some corrections. Sometimes it doesn't work to open files. The first time after having started COMSOL it always works though. So in the worst case you need to restart it. And when you open up files it doesn't remember your last position (although the "Recent folder" is useful). The "Browse" buttons doesn't work (so far I've tried the ones in "Export" and "Image Snapshot". But you can always directly write the place and folder name after "Filename:". Overall, it feels faster, like Mavericks in general. Good luck! Ludvig

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月30日 GMT-4 09:53
Hello,

I have a problem with the COMSOL 4.3a installation on Mac OS 10.9. I am getting errors while trying to get up and running license manager, such as: startup items does not have proper security settings and the lmgrd does not start. When i start COMSOL I get error -96.

Does someone has any idea how to fix this? I did follow all steps from the installation guide...

Regards,
Tom
Hello, I have a problem with the COMSOL 4.3a installation on Mac OS 10.9. I am getting errors while trying to get up and running license manager, such as: startup items does not have proper security settings and the lmgrd does not start. When i start COMSOL I get error -96. Does someone has any idea how to fix this? I did follow all steps from the installation guide... Regards, Tom

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.