Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.4 under Ubuntu 12.04: problem with command keys

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Using COMSOL Desktop under Ubuntu 12.04

Certain keys on the keyboard are directly linked to menu commands. For instance, when I hit the 's' key in a text field, COMSOL automatically does the "Save" command, or when I hit the 'o' key in a text field, COMSOL pops up the "Open" dialog box.

I'm relatively familiar with COMSOL, but have just started using it under Ubuntu, so maybe this is an obvious problem and I'm missing something...

Thanks for your help,

John

2 Replies Last Post 2014年9月23日 GMT-4 23:08

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月31日 GMT-5 15:54
I got the answer from COMSOL support: this was a bug, and it has been solved in the newly released update for COMSOL 4.4.

John
I got the answer from COMSOL support: this was a bug, and it has been solved in the newly released update for COMSOL 4.4. John

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年9月23日 GMT-4 23:08
Hi John,

Have you solved this problem? I met the same problem. Ubuntu 12.10 and Comsol 4.4.

When I hit the 's' key, comsol does save. I did the update 2 for comsol 4.4. It doesn't work.

How did you do with that?

Thanks,
Leon
Hi John, Have you solved this problem? I met the same problem. Ubuntu 12.10 and Comsol 4.4. When I hit the 's' key, comsol does save. I did the update 2 for comsol 4.4. It doesn't work. How did you do with that? Thanks, Leon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.