Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stop conditions with local values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys,

I have a 1D - simulation which calculates the particle concenctration in a water-particle-dispersion during drying.
What I would like to implement now is one (or two?) stop conditions which cause that the simulation stops as soon as the local particle concentration either at the bottom (Boundary 1) or at the top (boundary 2) reaches a certain value.
I already know that I'll have to define two global variables with the integration operator which represent my current values at this point. My problem now is that I don't exactly know how I can tell the programm to integrate these values at boundary 1 or 2 respectively?
I was thinking of something like this: phi_B1=intop1(phi) and phi_B2=intop2(phi) ?
(where phi is referred to as the particle concentration)

Could you please help me? I already assume that it's not that of a big deal but I unfortunately didn't find anything helpful in the search before.

1 Reply Last Post 2014年6月5日 GMT-4 05:19

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月5日 GMT-4 05:19
How do you mean integral at a boundary if it is a 1D model? A boundary in 1D is by definition a point, so you cannot integrate over a point. Or do you want to integrate over a small region near the boundary? Or over time?
How do you mean integral at a boundary if it is a 1D model? A boundary in 1D is by definition a point, so you cannot integrate over a point. Or do you want to integrate over a small region near the boundary? Or over time?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.