Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to solve Navier stokes in comsol 4.4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All.
Please am trying to solve coupled navier stokes equation with temperature equation in comsol version 4.4 but don't really know how to input the temperature equation along side with the navier stokes equation as shown below

∇⋅v = 0
( ∂v/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇v) = −∇P + k∇^2v + F
( ∂T/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇T) = B∇^2T

and how do i remove this term (∇⋅v)^T in the momentum equation as it is in comsol

2 Replies Last Post 2014年11月12日 GMT-5 10:06
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月11日 GMT-5 11:08
Considering stabilization, it will be much quicker for you to use the built-in interface called Non-Isothermal Flow, which couples and stabilizes the system automatically.
-Niklas

Dear All.
Please am trying to solve coupled navier stokes equation with temperature equation in comsol version 4.4 but don't really know how to input the temperature equation along side with the navier stokes equation as shown below

∇⋅v = 0
( ∂v/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇v) = −∇P + k∇^2v + F

and how do i remove this term (∇⋅v)^T in the momentum equation as it is in comsol

Considering stabilization, it will be much quicker for you to use the built-in interface called Non-Isothermal Flow, which couples and stabilizes the system automatically. -Niklas [QUOTE] Dear All. Please am trying to solve coupled navier stokes equation with temperature equation in comsol version 4.4 but don't really know how to input the temperature equation along side with the navier stokes equation as shown below ∇⋅v = 0 ( ∂v/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇v) = −∇P + k∇^2v + F ( ∂T/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇T) = B∇^2T and how do i remove this term (∇⋅v)^T in the momentum equation as it is in comsol [/QUOTE]

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月12日 GMT-5 10:06
Hi Niklas,
Thanks for your response but, I tried to follow the algorithm as show at the bottom of this link

www.uk.comsol.com/model/download/35844/heated_plate_sbs.pdf

I am using comsol version 4.4 Maybe you need to put me through more.

Though, I wish to solve these Eqn. from a point source at a rectangular base of width 2 (ie. Inlet width 2 dimensionless) symmetrical case
computational domain width -100<=x<=100 and vertical Domain 0<=y<=200.
∇⋅v = 0
( ∂v/ ∂t) +(v ⋅∇v) = −∇P + k∇^2v + FT

in COMSOL 4.4

Thanks
George
Hi Niklas, Thanks for your response but, I tried to follow the algorithm as show at the bottom of this link http://www.uk.comsol.com/model/download/35844/heated_plate_sbs.pdf I am using comsol version 4.4 Maybe you need to put me through more. Though, I wish to solve these Eqn. from a point source at a rectangular base of width 2 (ie. Inlet width 2 dimensionless) symmetrical case computational domain width -100

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.