Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling the thin film transistors--considering metal contact resistaance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modeling a transistor based on semi-2D materials such as graphene. The model which is built in 3D for now just includes the channel made of graphene (Thickness 0.6 nm). In the "Electrical current" physics I define the drain voltage as an "Electrical potential" boundary condition for one of the side surfaces and the source voltage as a "ground" boundary condition for the other side surface. Then I calculate the current flow through the graphene channel in the stationary study.

The problem is that in the real case of my devices, the graphene thin film is contacted electrically with gold electrodes. There is always some contact resistance between electrode contacts and the graphene. I would like to also include the effect of this resistance in the calculation of current but I don't know how it would be possible? The contact resistance depends on the electron affinity of the gold contacts.
Thanks,

1 Reply Last Post 2016年3月7日 GMT-5 00:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sajedeh Manzeli

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年3月7日 GMT-5 00:32
Hello. I am also trying to simulate Graphene in COMSOL. I am actually trying to use the graphene as a channel in MOSFET. I suppose, I have to use semiconductor module for that but I was wondering how can I define Graphene as there is a list of parameters required for graphene to define in Semiconductor module. Can you please help me with this. I feel like I stuck here.

Thanks! I am waiting for your response.
Hello. I am also trying to simulate Graphene in COMSOL. I am actually trying to use the graphene as a channel in MOSFET. I suppose, I have to use semiconductor module for that but I was wondering how can I define Graphene as there is a list of parameters required for graphene to define in Semiconductor module. Can you please help me with this. I feel like I stuck here. Thanks! I am waiting for your response.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.