Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding mems switch movement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HEllo all!!
I am new to COMSOL Multiphysics.I am given a task to design a phase shifter using mems switch.But,i am unable to design a mems switch in comsol.i.e,i am able to draw the Geometry and could not make the cantilever move as i wanted,when a field is applied.Can any one please design a MEMS switch with cantilever(movement at one end-with other end fixed) in comsol and upload the .mph file here....

Thankyou all...
PLease help me out with this.This is my project.Urgent....

9 Replies Last Post 2012年10月5日 GMT-4 06:57

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月1日 GMT-4 01:36
please help me out in its design.....I am not able to make Short circuit and Open circuit between two conductors --by applying a voltage to the electrode/actuator....

please help me out in its design.....I am not able to make Short circuit and Open circuit between two conductors --by applying a voltage to the electrode/actuator....

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月9日 GMT-4 03:03
can any one please upload their .mph file where if voltage applied, there should be some short circuit and open circuit configuration.

Thankyou
can any one please upload their .mph file where if voltage applied, there should be some short circuit and open circuit configuration. Thankyou

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月17日 GMT-4 06:51
can any one please upload their already done RF mems switch design?
can any one please upload their already done RF mems switch design?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月26日 GMT-4 04:57
hi i m also solving that same module my project work is Phase shifter based MEMS switch. could you please help me?
hi i m also solving that same module my project work is Phase shifter based MEMS switch. could you please help me?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月26日 GMT-4 04:57

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月5日 GMT-4 00:54
I am working on RF MEMS switch ( Capacitive switch) . I got a problem while meshing the structure . After computing , I am getting an error.

ERROR : No mesh on domains 4 5 18 19 in geometry 1, mesh case 0.

Even when i mesh all the domains, same error message is displayed . I am pretty new to comsol . I am using 4.2 version.

Is there any particular way of finding a suitable mesh for a particular structure? can we use the same mesh for any type of structure? where can i find some material on meshing ?
I am working on RF MEMS switch ( Capacitive switch) . I got a problem while meshing the structure . After computing , I am getting an error. ERROR : No mesh on domains 4 5 18 19 in geometry 1, mesh case 0. Even when i mesh all the domains, same error message is displayed . I am pretty new to comsol . I am using 4.2 version. Is there any particular way of finding a suitable mesh for a particular structure? can we use the same mesh for any type of structure? where can i find some material on meshing ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月5日 GMT-4 01:33
Hi

meshing is almost an art ,), but generally the default physics induced mesh by COMSOL is very good and perfect for a starting point.

What you must ensure is that your last mesh node refers to all "remaining" and not to just a few domains, else you might easily, as you have managed, forget a few domains, and your model is not fully meshed, hence the error

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi meshing is almost an art ,), but generally the default physics induced mesh by COMSOL is very good and perfect for a starting point. What you must ensure is that your last mesh node refers to all "remaining" and not to just a few domains, else you might easily, as you have managed, forget a few domains, and your model is not fully meshed, hence the error -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月5日 GMT-4 03:11
Thanks Ivar ,

will you please suggest me how to learn basics of meshing?
Thanks Ivar , will you please suggest me how to learn basics of meshing?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月5日 GMT-4 06:57
Hi

Re-read the doc on the meshing functions, follow the video's on the amin Web site, take a meshing course by COMSOL, come to the conference and take a quick course there, and try it out model after model, it's mainly the exercising gives you the skills, as often ;)

Not to forget try out models exchanged here on the Forum, help us to help each others.
You could also try a search on the FORUM, meshing issues come up quite often

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Re-read the doc on the meshing functions, follow the video's on the amin Web site, take a meshing course by COMSOL, come to the conference and take a quick course there, and try it out model after model, it's mainly the exercising gives you the skills, as often ;) Not to forget try out models exchanged here on the Forum, help us to help each others. You could also try a search on the FORUM, meshing issues come up quite often -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.