Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is the tangential boundary condition of the magnetic field in the Eddy Currents Example continuous?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody. I have some trouble in examing the Comsol Example in the following model AC/DC_Module/Tutorial_Models/coil_eddy_currents.

(1) I think the inner edge magnetic field boundary condition of R1 region(Cylinder) should not be continuous because of the surface induced current.
H1t - H2t = J_phi. In my point of view, the eddy current density J_phi != 0, whereas the tutorial has treated the inner boundary as continuality.

(2) How can I use the Vloop term in practical use, when I connect a solenoid of 500 turns to a 9V voltage suply?

Thanks a lot!

0 Replies Last Post 2010年7月2日 GMT-4 09:23
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bruce Lei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.