Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mechanical bistable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody...
I've modelized a system purely mechanical which should have two stable states: a rod inside a well under the effects of the gravity. If the rod is placed totally vertical no motion is observed, but with a little rotation respect the basis of the rod it should fall with a certain angular velocity depending on the inertial momenta.
In the file I try to see the temporal behaviour specting what I have already said, but something is not working.
I will be very grateful if someone tell me what I'm doing wrong
Thanks!
Miquel

0 Replies Last Post 2010年7月22日 GMT-4 11:20
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Miquel Lopez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.