Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model Builder Window

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am facing a problem with Model builder window in COMSOL 4.0 & 4.0a. When I minimize the Comsol file and open it again, I lose model tree in Model builder window. It just shows the background (desktop or another file behind the current Comsol file) in place of Model tree.

Though it is a small problem and doesn't affect either solution or results, its annoying when I open two Comsol files, it shows one Model tree in place of another file's model tree.

Does this make sense? Is anyone facing the same problem?

Regards,
AndyT

4 Replies Last Post 2010年7月28日 GMT-4 05:53

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月26日 GMT-4 06:35
Hi Andy,

Can you take a screenshot of it?

Danial
Hi Andy, Can you take a screenshot of it? Danial

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月26日 GMT-4 10:33
Hi Danial,

Thanks for your reply. I am attaching the screen shot here, in which I was running a Comsol model in V4.0a, minimized the window, then opened it again, and the model tree was not displayed in the Model builder. You can see the grey background in the model builder window in this picture is the file I opened in between minimizing and re-opening Comsol file.

Regards,
AndyT
Hi Danial, Thanks for your reply. I am attaching the screen shot here, in which I was running a Comsol model in V4.0a, minimized the window, then opened it again, and the model tree was not displayed in the Model builder. You can see the grey background in the model builder window in this picture is the file I opened in between minimizing and re-opening Comsol file. Regards, AndyT

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月26日 GMT-4 10:53

Hi Danial,

Thanks for your reply. I am attaching the screen shot here, in which I was running a Comsol model in V4.0a, minimized the window, then opened it again, and the model tree was not displayed in the Model builder. You can see the grey background in the model builder window in this picture is the file I opened in between minimizing and re-opening Comsol file.

Regards,
AndyT

I see. Well, to my guess there can be two problems. Try chaning the window manager (e.g. to Swing) in the settings menu. Second, make sure you have the latest Java version.

Danial
[QUOTE] Hi Danial, Thanks for your reply. I am attaching the screen shot here, in which I was running a Comsol model in V4.0a, minimized the window, then opened it again, and the model tree was not displayed in the Model builder. You can see the grey background in the model builder window in this picture is the file I opened in between minimizing and re-opening Comsol file. Regards, AndyT [/QUOTE] I see. Well, to my guess there can be two problems. Try chaning the window manager (e.g. to Swing) in the settings menu. Second, make sure you have the latest Java version. Danial

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月28日 GMT-4 05:53
Thanks Danial.

Regards,
Andy
Thanks Danial. Regards, Andy

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.