Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using integration coupling variables as Boundary Conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to solve a Laplace equation on a square with dirichlet boundary conditions. Therefore I calculate the boundary values with integration coupling variables defined on a previous solved PDE. The Problem is, that does not use the coupling variables or sets it to zero, while calculation the Laplace Problem.
I would like to know if there is any possibility to save my boundary values, so that I am able to use them later, or how I use the coupling variables in a second calculation.

Best regards
Daniel

4 Replies Last Post 2010年8月10日 GMT-4 10:23

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月10日 GMT-4 08:07
Hi again,
I have solved my problem by using two dependent variables in one Applicationmode. But a new problem arised. As soon as I set the boundary contraints to the integralexpression, the solution of the first variable and the integral change their values. But there is no dependency on the second solution.

Best regards
Daniel
Hi again, I have solved my problem by using two dependent variables in one Applicationmode. But a new problem arised. As soon as I set the boundary contraints to the integralexpression, the solution of the first variable and the integral change their values. But there is no dependency on the second solution. Best regards Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月10日 GMT-4 09:33

Hi again,
I have solved my problem by using two dependent variables in one Applicationmode. But a new problem arised. As soon as I set the boundary contraints to the integralexpression, the solution of the first variable and the integral change their values. But there is no dependency on the second solution.

Best regards
Daniel

Out of my topic area (sorry), but did you check the bidirectional coupling (Comsol 4)? (ideal case in 3.5a)

I remember I saw the integral coupling boundary condition with temperature in one of the Comsol 4 manuals. Can't remember where though.
[QUOTE] Hi again, I have solved my problem by using two dependent variables in one Applicationmode. But a new problem arised. As soon as I set the boundary contraints to the integralexpression, the solution of the first variable and the integral change their values. But there is no dependency on the second solution. Best regards Daniel [/QUOTE] Out of my topic area (sorry), but did you check the bidirectional coupling (Comsol 4)? (ideal case in 3.5a) I remember I saw the integral coupling boundary condition with temperature in one of the Comsol 4 manuals. Can't remember where though.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月10日 GMT-4 10:01
I am currently working with COMSOL 3.3
I tried to use COMSOL 4 but I am too much accustomed to 3.3 to use it.
I am currently working with COMSOL 3.3 I tried to use COMSOL 4 but I am too much accustomed to 3.3 to use it.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月10日 GMT-4 10:23

I am currently working with COMSOL 3.3
I tried to use COMSOL 4 but I am too much accustomed to 3.3 to use it.

I think it is called weak formulation, ideal-case or something like that.
[QUOTE] I am currently working with COMSOL 3.3 I tried to use COMSOL 4 but I am too much accustomed to 3.3 to use it. [/QUOTE] I think it is called weak formulation, ideal-case or something like that.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.