Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to implement optimization methods like cellular Automata into Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

The role of cellular automata in optimization is a current area of research. I understand the theory of cellular automata, but since I'm new to Comsol, I don't know how to implement methods like this. The SIMP method is e.g. an optimization method.

It is possible to use Matlab as a pre- and post-processor. I would like to prevent this. My goal is to implement optimization methods directly into Comsol as a user defined method.

I would really appreciate, if someone could give me some hints, examples or documentation.

Yours sincerely,

Murat

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月9日 GMT-4 09:25

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月28日 GMT-4 14:48
Dear friends,

I have decided to use Matlab in connection mit Comsol, since it is the easiest way.

Could someone of you give me an example, how to implement optimization codes like SIMP in Matlab and use it as a pre- and postprocessor and use Comsol just for calculation?

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers, Murat
Dear friends, I have decided to use Matlab in connection mit Comsol, since it is the easiest way. Could someone of you give me an example, how to implement optimization codes like SIMP in Matlab and use it as a pre- and postprocessor and use Comsol just for calculation? I would appreciate any help. Cheers, Murat

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月9日 GMT-4 09:25
Hi,

are there any examples, how to implement any optimiuzation methods in Matlab for using it with Comsol?

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers, Murat
Hi, are there any examples, how to implement any optimiuzation methods in Matlab for using it with Comsol? I would appreciate any help. Cheers, Murat

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.