Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Load cases in Frequency Domain study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am solving vibro-acoustic problems in the frequency domain using COMSOL v5.2a. For my current problem, I have to solve the same discretized structure for several (say N) different loading conditions.

In a stationary study, I would simply define N load cases so that COMSOL solves A*X = B (with X and B being matrices with N columns, each representing each load case), instead of N times A*x = b. The former approach is much more efficient than the latter, because A needs to be inverted only once.

However, when performing my frequency domain study, I cannot find the load case settings under "Study Extensions" of the frequency domain study. Is this approach not supported in the frequency domain or am I missing something here?

I am very grateful for any kind of help.

Best regards,
Felix

1 Reply Last Post 2017年6月15日 GMT-4 07:23
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年6月15日 GMT-4 07:23
Updated: 7 years ago 2017年6月15日 GMT-4 07:27
Hi Felix,

This is not supported, but your request seems reasonable. I have filed an enhancement suggestion.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi Felix, This is not supported, but your request seems reasonable. I have filed an enhancement suggestion. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.