Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solve dispersion curve of graphene with eigen-frequency solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am trying to get the dispersion curve of graphene in the dielectric/graphene/dielectric structure like ref.jpg.(only in x direction)
I use periodic BC on left-right side and set the floquet vector kx sweep and eigen-frequency solver to find the relationship of eigen-frequency and wave number kx.
Is it reseaonable? I cannot get the right result computed like ref.jpg.

Thank you!
Han

2 Replies Last Post 2017年11月2日 GMT-4 09:29

Posted: 9 years ago 2016年1月14日 GMT-5 01:18
Hi everyone.
After some trying, I found that based on my model, if I change the width of the whole model, the result also changes. That is not a expect situation because I set the left-right side as periodic BC and it should be with the same result.

Really looking forward to someone's help
Han
Hi everyone. After some trying, I found that based on my model, if I change the width of the whole model, the result also changes. That is not a expect situation because I set the left-right side as periodic BC and it should be with the same result. Really looking forward to someone's help Han

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年11月2日 GMT-4 09:29

Hi Han,

It's been long time, but did you manage to solve this problem? How did you get the dispersion curve plot?

Best,

Hi Han, It's been long time, but did you manage to solve this problem? How did you get the dispersion curve plot? Best,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.