Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add a boudary condition of u>=0 when solve a PDE problem?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone

I am working on a problem of PDE. The unexpectant minus results is got finally. Then I think it will get better if I add a boudary condition of u>=0. How to add the boudary condition?

thanks!

youf.

1 Reply Last Post 2010年10月16日 GMT-4 04:57
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月16日 GMT-4 04:57
Hi

have you tried a bolean value a u*(u>0) id if(u>0,u,0) (if you are dividing by the "if()" you can replace "0" by "eps" to try to avoid NaN's. This might work, and is probably better than an "abs()"

But you make your system nonlinear, and you might have convergence issues

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried a bolean value a u*(u>0) id if(u>0,u,0) (if you are dividing by the "if()" you can replace "0" by "eps" to try to avoid NaN's. This might work, and is probably better than an "abs()" But you make your system nonlinear, and you might have convergence issues -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.