Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Continuity Boundary in ALE + Fluid Flow + EC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsolers ;

I am modeling a transient discharge through a flowing fluid in a nozzle. one of the electrode is moving so i created a sliding moving mesh for the movement by creating an assembly resulting a continuity boundary between the moving domain and the rest of the model. thus i had to add a continuity BC for the fluid flow ( hmnf ) . everything works fine but i am really disappointed by the results as in the attached images.
( In the attachment as you can see, an image of power dissipation and electric field. )

the continuity BC seems to effect the flow however i fine the meshing !! i also used automatic re-meshing but results still the same !! Extremely fine mesh for boundaries even for the near domains didn't work better !

weak constraints for the continuity gives an error in the hmnf interface !
Any help would be really appreciated .

0 Replies Last Post 2016年3月16日 GMT-4 06:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Majida Wreikat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.