Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonlinear Dynamic Response of a Clamped-Clamped Euler-Bernoulli Beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently modelling the nonlinear time response of a clamped-clamped Euler-Bernoulli beam using the geometric nonlinearity tool in COMSOL. I intend on doing so for a wide frequency range in order to show the dynamic hardening response of the beam. Currently, I am having some problems with the quality of my solution and the physical interpretation.

From this link, wiki.csiamerica.com/display/kb/Damping+coefficients, and my understanding of Rayleigh Damping parameters, I believe that the damping values used for my COMSOL simulation plays a big role with the accuracy of my solution.

My main question are:
How can I accurately represent viscous damping with the Rayleigh mass and stiffness damping parameters for a wide range of frequency values?
How does the solver method affect the accuracy and speed of geometric nonlinear problems on COMSOL?

Thanks in advance,
--
FA

0 Replies Last Post 2016年3月21日 GMT-4 00:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Friday

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.