Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

can I both revolve and extrude mesh in a 2D geometry to build a 3D mesh?

Regards

5 Replies Last Post 2010年11月22日 GMT-5 03:42
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 05:20
Hi

in 3.5a and in 4.1 yes (no longer sure in 4.0a but I can only suggest that you should then rapidly upgrade to 4.1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in 3.5a and in 4.1 yes (no longer sure in 4.0a but I can only suggest that you should then rapidly upgrade to 4.1 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 18:45
Hi,

I am working with 3.5a, first I build a 2D geometry(2 simple circles with a small spacing centre to centre), imagine it is gonna be a u shaped pipe, I revolve the mesh (by revolving one of my circles) so I get a bend (meshed) in 3d then again in 2D I extrude both circlest and when I do so the bend in 3D disappears and I just have to separate pipes without a u bend.

Regards
ASAL
Hi, I am working with 3.5a, first I build a 2D geometry(2 simple circles with a small spacing centre to centre), imagine it is gonna be a u shaped pipe, I revolve the mesh (by revolving one of my circles) so I get a bend (meshed) in 3d then again in 2D I extrude both circlest and when I do so the bend in 3D disappears and I just have to separate pipes without a u bend. Regards ASAL

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月20日 GMT-5 08:21
Hi

it's true there were something about 3.5a that one could do only 1 operation of this type (but with several items though, I seem to remember)
Sorry cannot say much more, I must admit that my new projects are on v4 now, things are rather different, so I tend to forget 3.5 already

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's true there were something about 3.5a that one could do only 1 operation of this type (but with several items though, I seem to remember) Sorry cannot say much more, I must admit that my new projects are on v4 now, things are rather different, so I tend to forget 3.5 already -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月21日 GMT-5 19:07
Thanks Ivar,
actually my problem is too many degree of freedom even in a very small model and I played with the free mesh and different growing rate and different mesh size for subdomain or different boundaries but there isn't big change in my degree of freedom
Thanks Ivar, actually my problem is too many degree of freedom even in a very small model and I played with the free mesh and different growing rate and different mesh size for subdomain or different boundaries but there isn't big change in my degree of freedom

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月22日 GMT-5 03:42
Hi

in one of the COMSOL docs, there are some explanations on how many DoF you get per model settings (also the shape function). But perhaps it was on the KB ?, check the main web site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in one of the COMSOL docs, there are some explanations on how many DoF you get per model settings (also the shape function). But perhaps it was on the KB ?, check the main web site -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.