Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule Heating in changed gas presser (in vacuum)

Василий Дружинин

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I have such problem.
Electrical conductor connected to a DC power source. Placed in the rarefied gas.
It is necessary to see change temperature conductor, depending on the gas pressure.
I have used the module Joule Heating. In module Heat Transfer in Solids I have added the part Heat transfer in Fluids, and changed the pressure in area (cylinder of gas). But I couldn't get this depending (depend temperature conductor from pressure gas).
Who decided whether a similar problem?

1 Reply Last Post 2016年10月27日 GMT-4 03:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Василий Дружинин

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月27日 GMT-4 03:29
Hello ;

Have you checked your material properties ?
i hope i understood correctly , to notice the change of temperature in the electrode, your material should be a function of pressure , u also might need a flow coupling.

Best of Luck
Hello ; Have you checked your material properties ? i hope i understood correctly , to notice the change of temperature in the electrode, your material should be a function of pressure , u also might need a flow coupling. Best of Luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.