Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Random coordinate system in a mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!!!

I am trying to change the coordinate system of my model so I can homogenize a material form by fibers randomly orientated.

I have a 2D model, a square. I have meshed with "mapped" so the model is divided in small rectangles. Is it a way that each small rectangle of the mesh has its own coordinate system?? And that coordinated system rotated it a random angle?? So each small rectangle of the mesh has a different orientation, similar to how it is done in ANSYS.

I imagine it will be done with "rotated system" and a random function but I dont know how to match it with each small rectangle.

Thanks for your time

2 Replies Last Post 2016年6月22日 GMT-4 04:31
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月22日 GMT-4 02:16
Hi,

Here is a suggestion:

1. Add a Random function with range 2*pi (default name rn1).
2. Call it from the rotated system by setting the angle to 'rn1(meshelement)'
3. Use that system in the appropriate material node, for example Linear Elastic with an Orthotropic material.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Here is a suggestion: 1. Add a Random function with range 2*pi (default name rn1). 2. Call it from the rotated system by setting the angle to 'rn1(meshelement)' 3. Use that system in the appropriate material node, for example Linear Elastic with an Orthotropic material. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月22日 GMT-4 04:31
Worked perfectly!!!

Thanks a lot Henrik
Worked perfectly!!! Thanks a lot Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.