Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mixed mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, (Sorry if I'm not good at english I'm trying to do my best)

I'm modeling a 3 phases cable using comsol (helix form), with 84 armor strands around my conductors, and I use a cylinder for my boundaries conditions and another cylinder inside in order to avoid effects bords for my conductors. my helix pith is 3m and I just model 0.5m so I want to have an optimized mesh. I used tets in cores and sheet (because I want to evaluate current in sheet and strands) and to optimize I used Triangular mesh in my cylinder and strands because they don't turn so I can sweep triangles. But I had errors I can't link my face and I can't combine tets and triangles I guess, if anyone can help me I spent a long time with this but I didn't find a solution.

Regards,

1 Reply Last Post 2016年7月1日 GMT-4 05:53

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月1日 GMT-4 05:53
Hi,
Is there anyone who would like to help me? I've meshed my cores sheet and armor using quad mesh then I converted them but I couldn't find a how to mesh my cylinder that define my boundaries conditions. Can you suggest me something for this. It will be great I don't have much time, thank you very much.
Regards
Hi, Is there anyone who would like to help me? I've meshed my cores sheet and armor using quad mesh then I converted them but I couldn't find a how to mesh my cylinder that define my boundaries conditions. Can you suggest me something for this. It will be great I don't have much time, thank you very much. Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.