Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupled PDEs for Maxwell-Schrödinger system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

For my Master Thesis project I am required to solve simultaneously the Maxwell's wave equation for the vector potential A and the Schrödinger equation for an hydrogen atom in the field of an electromagnetic pulse.

I was wondering if this could be achieved through COMSOL by using the PDE Interface with two PDEs. The source of the wave equation (the current) is obtained through the solution of the Schrödinger equation.
Alternatively, can this work with an Electromagnetic Wave module + PDE?

Did anybody try this? Any help and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mattia

1 Reply Last Post 2016年7月8日 GMT-4 04:33

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月8日 GMT-4 04:33
Hi, Mattia! Here is a similar document for coupled pdes solved in comsol "Coupled PDEs with Initial Solution from Data in COMSOL 4" www.comsol.com/paper/download/180793/gobbert_presentation.pdf

You may consult it.

Best Regards!
Song
Hi, Mattia! Here is a similar document for coupled pdes solved in comsol "Coupled PDEs with Initial Solution from Data in COMSOL 4" https://www.comsol.com/paper/download/180793/gobbert_presentation.pdf You may consult it. Best Regards! Song

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.