Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic Dipole Point Source Power

Bernardo Araujo Rodrigues

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have the following scenario I want to simulate:

I know the expression for the pressure at any point, given the distance vector between the point and the source.
I think I can get the acoustic power of my source , by integrating the pressure around a closed surface and dividing by the acoustic impedance (right?)

P = p²/z

The thing is I'm a bit confused from what the Acoustics Module Manual says. It says the dipole source is defined by q_d, with units N/m³.
But when I create the dipole source inside Comsol the parameter it asks for is Free Space Reference Power (RMS), in Watts.

How should I proceed from the information I have to a realistic simulation?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2016年7月7日 GMT-4 20:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bernardo Araujo Rodrigues

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.