Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laplacian of The displacement field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I need to apply the Laplace operator to my displacement field;
I tried to apply the divergence of a gradient to the field but I didn't find the divergence operator;

Is there any possibility to perform the Laplacian directly to my components like if there is any hint I can apply ! If not can anybody tell me how you do to perform the Laplacian.

Thank you in advance,
Mouna

2 Replies Last Post 2017年1月17日 GMT-5 10:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mouna Brahmi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月17日 GMT-5 08:21
hello
i tthink you go to add physic---->Mathematics---->classicals PDE's-----> laplace equation
and you find all what you need like operators
hello i tthink you go to add physic---->Mathematics---->classicals PDE's-----> laplace equation and you find all what you need like operators

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月17日 GMT-5 10:18
Hello Amiour,
If I read correctly between the lines of Mouna's post, she not interested in solving the Laplace equation. Rather, she wants to compute the laplacian of an already computed displacement field. If my understanding is correct, then it's a matter of post-processing.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Amiour, If I read correctly between the lines of Mouna's post, she not interested in solving the Laplace equation. Rather, she wants to compute the laplacian of an already computed displacement field. If my understanding is correct, then it's a matter of post-processing. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.