Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

copper wire producing magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am new to comsol.

I want to simulate a model in such a way that a copper coil (I=50A) should produce a magnetic field around it. The magnetic field produced by it should be bounded inside a sphere (radius=0.5m). So when I click on a specific point on the sphere (say (-0.2,0.2,0.4)), it should give me the magnetic field (vector) produced by that copper coil. Is it possible ?...and which material can be used to make sphere.

For modelling the wire, I am using cylinder of radius 0.005 m with height 0.2m and inserting this cylinder inside a sphere (at (0,0,0) position z-axis).

Please help me....

0 Replies Last Post 2016年8月26日 GMT-4 11:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vikas Bhat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.