Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add a tangential wall velocity in Euler-Euler model (Multiphase flow)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, i trying to simulate a multiphase flow inside a rotating tube, could anyone help me to find out how to add a rotating bondary condition on the wall plz??
Thank you in advance

3 Replies Last Post 2017年1月17日 GMT-5 06:39

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年8月31日 GMT-4 11:57

Hello, i trying to simulate a multiphase flow inside a rotating tube, could anyone help me to find out how to add a rotating bondary condition on the wall plz??
Thank you in advance

On the the wall, select sliding boundary condition, and in velocity field type radial_vel*ny and - radial_vel*nx for x, y field components if the axis of rotation is z axis. radial velocity is the equal to tube radius*2*pi*rotation_per_second*

Best wishes,
Sohan
[QUOTE] Hello, i trying to simulate a multiphase flow inside a rotating tube, could anyone help me to find out how to add a rotating bondary condition on the wall plz?? Thank you in advance [/QUOTE] On the the wall, select sliding boundary condition, and in velocity field type radial_vel*ny and - radial_vel*nx for x, y field components if the axis of rotation is z axis. radial velocity is the equal to tube radius*2*pi*rotation_per_second* Best wishes, Sohan

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月2日 GMT-4 08:22
thanks for your reply but in the multiphase flow there is no sliding wall option, you can only find slip condition without being able to add anything unlike the single flow model where you can add a tangential velocity to your wall.

Regards
thanks for your reply but in the multiphase flow there is no sliding wall option, you can only find slip condition without being able to add anything unlike the single flow model where you can add a tangential velocity to your wall. Regards

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年1月17日 GMT-5 06:39
Hi Rodrigue,

Did you manage to find out a way to acheive this?
Hi Rodrigue, Did you manage to find out a way to acheive this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.