Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in On-state Capacitance value of MEMS capacitive switch

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am simulating a MEMS capacitor. The pull-in voltage of the device is 1.5V. I used the stationary study to find out the C11(terminal capacitance) @ 1.5 V i.e. after the beam is pulled in. But the value of C11 displayed is wrong. I know theoretically it should be > 13 fF, but it is displaying 0.72 fF (which is the roughly its off-state value). I even followed an application example "rf-mems-switch" and obtained capacitance after applying step voltage (Transient study), but displayed the same wrong value. I don't know where I am going wrong. Is there any one who faced similar issue?.

1 Reply Last Post 2016年9月3日 GMT-4 15:16

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月3日 GMT-4 15:16
To be very clear, I am trying to get the C-V curve of the MEMS capacitive switch. I have used the electromechanics module in COMSOL which combines both electrostatics & structural mechanics. After the pull-in point, the capacitance should vary abruptly, which is not happening in my case.

To be very clear, I am trying to get the C-V curve of the MEMS capacitive switch. I have used the electromechanics module in COMSOL which combines both electrostatics & structural mechanics. After the pull-in point, the capacitance should vary abruptly, which is not happening in my case.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.