Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary selection for 3D geometry using mouse click

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I have installed COMSOL 4.1 on Linux 64-bit (Ubontu 10) machine for better RAM utilization. For some strange reason, I am unable to select the domain boundaries in my geometry with usual left mouse click. It was fine when I was running it on Windows Vista. I am unable to figure out the reason. Please share your views if someone has come across the similar problem. Thank you.

With kind regards,
RK

2 Replies Last Post 2011年8月16日 GMT-4 10:38

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月12日 GMT-5 20:18
I have the same issue. Anyone have an idea?
I have the same issue. Anyone have an idea?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月16日 GMT-4 10:38
I am running windows 7 and I have the same issue. The weird thing is it work just fine after I installed. After sometime workg on the same model, the left click won't select anymore. I have to select manually using Selection list and it is pain when there is so many boundary plane in the list. I open the model I save earlier it works again but some time later it does not work. I don't remember disabling anything.
I am running windows 7 and I have the same issue. The weird thing is it work just fine after I installed. After sometime workg on the same model, the left click won't select anymore. I have to select manually using Selection list and it is pain when there is so many boundary plane in the list. I open the model I save earlier it works again but some time later it does not work. I don't remember disabling anything.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.