Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Building a computing device for COMSOL and ABAQUS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everyone,

I've just started my PhD in Mechanical Engineering. And we've to buy a computing machine of high end to use ABAQUS and COMSOL software; we have to buy latest licenses of most recent version of these software as well. Can any body recommend the machines which can run these both software.

P.S: We have to use Windows because there seems to be some graphics problems with ABAQUS for other Operating System.

P.S.2: We've a budget of almost $10k.

Thank you for your time.

1 Reply Last Post 2016年9月20日 GMT-4 05:45

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月20日 GMT-4 05:45
Useful references:
1. www.comsol.com/system-requirements

2. www.3ds.com/support/certified-hardware/simulia-system-information/

Depends on what types of analysis you are proposing, size and what solution time you what/need. For ABAQUS you can save on tokens by using GPU graphic accelerations.

I think you have sufficient money to purchase a reasonable machine ...I'd speak to the sales teams on latest graphics cards etc.

Hope this helps
Colin
Useful references: 1. https://www.comsol.com/system-requirements 2. http://www.3ds.com/support/certified-hardware/simulia-system-information/ Depends on what types of analysis you are proposing, size and what solution time you what/need. For ABAQUS you can save on tokens by using GPU graphic accelerations. I think you have sufficient money to purchase a reasonable machine ...I'd speak to the sales teams on latest graphics cards etc. Hope this helps Colin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.