Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error on cluster calculation based on Window HPC server 2008?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I set up the cluster using two workstations basd on window HPC server 2008. Based on the recommendation from Comsol the cluster

network topology consisted with one head node and one compute node. (The head node compute is also compute node, I think this is a default

setting when I followed the manual for head node deployment of HPCS 2008).

The cluster environment was tested with HPC pack > cluster Manager> Tests and there is no errors. Even when I run clusrun command on cluster

it works find. Thus there is no error on cluster setting.

But when I run cluster calculation with simulation model which worked properly without cluster calculation, I got error.

When I put the following command on the command window on the comsol directory, I can't find the node on compute node and calculation stop without any result.

mpiexec.exe comsolclusterbatch.exe -job b1 -inputfile \\head node computer\test.mph.

node 0 on "head node compute"

node 1 on "head node compute"

I think the command line looks fine but I can't find why the compute node couldn't find on cluster calculation.

Is there any one who have a chance to handle the cluster calculation on HPCS 2008?

0 Replies Last Post 2010年12月31日 GMT-5 17:01
COMSOL Moderator

Hello rockerbox

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.