Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What does the check box "locked concentration/activity" for?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The help file explains that, select the Locked concentration/activity check box if the species concentration or activity should be treated as constant. But in the tutorial "chem.thermal_decomposition", I noticed that they locked the concentration of species F (the only production in the reaction).

1.Why cF should be treated as constant in this case?
2.Then I cancel the lock, and added a new dependent variable cF in the Transport of Diluted Species interface, repeated the compute procedure, and I got a similar plot of cA as before. But when I plotted the distribution of cF, the result shows that cF equals 0 in any area. It really confused me.

I am fresh in COMSOL and English, so sorry for my mistakes. I'm waiting for your explanation, thanks for you time!

0 Replies Last Post 2016年10月8日 GMT-4 23:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yang Xiang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.