Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem met in microwave heating module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use microwave heating module in comsol to simulate the temperature in a RF combiner. There are two input ports and one output port. In the solving process, I met such problem:

Segregated group X1
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: freq
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 10
- Variable: mod1.mh.freq
- Defined as: freq
- Variable: mod1.mh.omega
- Defined as: ((pi*2)*mod1.mh.freq)
- Variable: mod1.mh.iomega
- Defined as: (i*mod1.mh.omega)
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d((mod1.mh.iomega*mu0_const*(-mod1.mh.Jsportx*test(mod1.tE2x)-mod1.mh.Jsporty*test(mod1.tE2y)-mod1.mh.Jsportz*test(mod1.tE2z)))*(dvol),{test@1})

The boundary 10 is the output port. The frequency for two input ports is 1.84 GHz.

Did anyone know what's the problem? Thank you!

Dong

2 Replies Last Post 2011年4月13日 GMT-4 00:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dong Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月12日 GMT-4 18:17
I am having the same problem! It is on my excited port (used defined, with a constant vertically polarized field and free space propagation constant).

I thought it may have been that my port mesh did not contain enough elements for the frequency I had set under the Frequency-Stationary study, but this did not solve the error...
I am having the same problem! It is on my excited port (used defined, with a constant vertically polarized field and free space propagation constant). I thought it may have been that my port mesh did not contain enough elements for the frequency I had set under the Frequency-Stationary study, but this did not solve the error...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月13日 GMT-4 00:48
Hi

are you sure you have defined the "freq" domain in your solver section ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure you have defined the "freq" domain in your solver section ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.