Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to turn off deformation after a certain time in deformed geometry?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

I have a question about the Deformed Mesh Interfaces. I was able to make a model, where I have linear translation of a hot solid object within a domain. The point is that I stop the deformation/the movement of the object at a certain time t and continue the simulation with the already deformed mesh. For this I used a piecewise function, which I multiplied with my function, defining the translation of the object. So I achieved the linear translation and the rest of the object (in the sense, that it stops and stay at the same point). The second option to do that was with a Boolean expression like if(t<5[s], velocity*time, stay at x=whatever). In both cases I can not get the solution to converge, because I get inverted mesh elements. So that is very unlogical, because through this two options, I actually stoped the movement and I see that all my boundaries don't move, but the mesh in between does. Can somebody help me out there, will really appreciate it!

Best regards
Antoni

0 Replies Last Post 2016年11月3日 GMT-4 13:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antoni Artinov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.