Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to couple laminar and turbulent flow in Nonisothermal module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am working on simulation of heating up a Water tank/ time dependent with very small flow rate circulated through a heat pump by using Comsol 4.3b version. The water is provided through 3 pipes each of 1 inch diameter. I know in advance that the Reynolds number in the tank is lower than the limit for transition to the Turbulent flow regime, hence it is in the Laminar zone. The Turbulent flow is the category for the pipes and hence it is required to add the Turbulent interface to the Nonisothermal module. I selected the Nonisothermal/Laminar flow and run the model, but the results are not encouraging and far from the expected outcome especially the mass flow rate which I have fixed as Initial Conditions. The question is that how can I add the turbulent interface to the model and specify it for the pipes only? Is it possible to do that?
Your help is a well appreciated
Ali

0 Replies Last Post 2016年11月21日 GMT-5 05:41
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Tarrad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.