Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply "anisotropic viscosity" in CFD module.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Dear all.

I recently tried to simulate pressure-driven stokes flow using CFD module.

In my study, I should calculate the flow behavior with cylindrical anisotropic viscosity.

So, the radial, azimuthal, and z-direction components of viscosity must be designated, separately.
ex) mu=[2 0 0 ; 0 1 0 ; 0 0 1] in matrix form

Unfortunately, dislike other physical modules, such as heat transfer (in attatched figure 'heat'), CFD module does not allow to use 'vector-form' anisotropic input variables (in attatched figure ' flow').

Could u suggest a good idea to solve this problem?

or recommend the other method to handle this?

I tried to build up stokes equation using 'coefficient PDE interface', but it is not easy to optimize and utilze the same as to results of CFD module..

Please help me with some advices.

Thank u for reading.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年12月16日 GMT-5 04:07
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ju Hyuk Park

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.