Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Delaying time dependent loads

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am carrying out a time-dependent analysis on a structure using the solid mechanics module and want to apply different loads at different points on the structure.

Each load takes the form of the Friedlander equation, so varies with time. I want each load to begin acting on the structure at a different time with respect to the total time.

i.e.
Level 1 - Load start time - 0.01ms
Level 2 - 0.012ms
Level 3 - 0.015ms
etc.

I have tried using a step function from 0 to 1 but this does not work because the loading function itself is a function of time (P=Ps*e(t/to)*(1-t/to)) so it means that when the step function is equal to 0 you lose the first part of the load equation, rather than it being shifted.

In short, I want loads to start at different times within the global time, but each one to start at t=0 on a local time.

Any ideas of how to achieve this would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年12月24日 GMT-5 05:19
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthew Blackwell

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.